Friday, February 11, 2011

Me-Made March

I, Erin at Mama In Progress sign up as a participant of Me-Made-March '11. I endeavour to wear 1 handmade item each day for the duration of March 2011.


As I discovered back in September on this challenge, I didn't have enough to really mix and match beyond a few outfits! The September challenge really made me aware of some of the holes in my handmade wardrobe! That experience really helped me to focus my crafting into items that are needed if I'm really going to transition to handmade the way I would like to. Since finishing up Christmas things I've been working on a  few items for myself to fill those holes and I thought I'd let you know what the plan is for the next few weeks in case you'd like to join in!


:: 3 (THREE!!!) sweaters that are one sleeve or less away from being complete. It's quite ridiculous and it's time I get over my weird little "allergy" to finishing sleeves. Sleeves are going everywhere with me over the next few weeks!


:: I have 2 skirts in the sewing plans for next week, which is an off-week in the studio. I'm only teaching for about 5 hours that week, so I have extra crafting time!


:: A pair of Khaki pants that I'm going to re-cut. When I originally made them last summer I made them wide-legged but they just don't look right on me, even though I like the cut on other people. So . . . time for a re-do.


:: I've been collecting 50's dress ideas for most of this fall/winter and I think I might be ready to try a muslin for one and then hopefully make the dress. I don't know if it will make it in time for MMM, but it's in the sewing plans for the end of February. It kind of depends on how many more snow days we might acquire!


:: What I'm desperately in need of is some great fitting shirts. I haven't found a pattern that I think will be versatile but I need some great shirts. And honestly? They scare me to sew. Another weird crafty fear to get over.


:: I'm also going to try to plan ahead a bit this time and plan to post 1-2 times a week about sewing/outfits rather than having a giant long post at the end of the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your thoughts to the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...