Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Weekending


I can hardly believe my boys were ever this small...


:: We spent one loooooong weekend cuddled up in bed, Ezra and me, sleeping a lot and taking medicine to helpfully get him back on the mend. Friday and Saturday were really rough with seeing the doctor and figuring out medications, but since then each day has been better than the last. Last night was the first night of relatively few wakeups and hopefully each night gets better and better.


:: I cast on for a Stephanie Japel sweater during one of Ezra's naps on Saturday. I've had the Textured Tunic  in my queue for about a year- I love so many projects from her book Fitted Knits that I used a bit of birthday cash to get a copy of the book. I'm currently planning about 4 projects out of the book- to start with. I'm almost through the basket stitch section of the body- I think maybe 3 or 4 rows and then I'll be on to the stockinette portion of the body.


:: Yes, I'm still working on the Omelet shawl, but I just couldn't work off a chart over the weekend with a sick little guy. I needed to work on something I could pick up and put down without worrying about where I was on the chart or in what row. This sweater was really easy to get going and also to take breaks at pretty much any moment.


:: I blasted through a bunch of reading (benefit to spending 3 or 4 days mostly in bed I suppose)- I'm much further along in John Adams and also most of the way through Gone by Michael Grant.


:: We missed our planned day to pick blueberries and raspberries on Friday so we're trying to re-set plans before the end of season. Our local places to pick our own are generally only open to the public one or two days a week so it takes a bit of coordination to find a day that works for our little group of berry pickers. Hopefully this week still!


::I finalized school plans over the weekend.We're starting school next week on Tuesday with a light week of getting back into a few basics. before fully starting back on the 11th. I've made a few changes to what I thought was our completed plans, but for the better. When I started breaking things down into terms and then weeks we had too many things going some weeks and not enough in others. So there have been a few adjustments for what I think is going to keep us really organized this year.


How was your weekend? Anything interesting going on at your place?

1 comment:

  1. I hope Ezra feels better soon! I love long spans of reading time, too bad it was during an illness.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your thoughts to the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...